Speed Mixer DAC 150 FVZ, FlackTek Inc.
Used to produce dispersions of small quantities of materials (10-100 g) for the development of proof of concept before using bigger dispersion and grinding equipment which use more material.
High-Speed Disperser 1.5 HP, Engineered Mills
This versatile device allows process particles using high-speed dispersion, particle size reduction by rotor-stator, or bead milling, depending on the type of particle, the cohesive force of the agglomerates and the viscosity of the mix.
- 1.5 HP main unit certified as explosion proof for work in solvent medium
- Adjustable speed up to 5000 RPM
- Active volume: 100 ml up to 8 L
- Ink viscosity: 20 to 5000 cP
- Blades and dispersion propellers of various sizes to use different shear rates
- Rotor-stator dispersion module
- Attritor bead milling module and various sieves to separate the beads after processing
Buhler FPML2-EX, Bead MIll
This device allows us to process colloidal suspensions to reduce material particle size and achieve a narrow distribution of fine particles that can measure down to a few tens of nanometres. Two types of chambers are available for processing micrometric or nanometric particles, depending on the target performance. This machine allows us to make pilot batches that are printable on industrial presses.
- MicroMedia® processing chamber with an active volume of 50 ml (for particles between 30 and 100 nm (beads between 0.03 and 0.1 mm)
- Centex® S2 processing chamber with an active volume of 850 ml (for particles between 200 nm and 2 µm (beads between 0.2 and 2 mm)
- Aqueous or solvent-based inks
- Other dispersion devices such as sonication (2510R-DTH model, Bransonics) are available depending on the type and fragility of your materials.