- As a College Centre for Technology Transfer, ICI provides training coursed and consultations that could give you a tax credit for Technological Adaptation Services up to 40%, applicable to the total cost of your expenses.
For more information or to check your eligibility to the tax credit, visit the Revenu Québec website.
- Your expenses, as part of a research and development project in collaboration with the ICI, could make you benefit from a tax incentive by the Scientific Research and Experimental Development Program (SR&ED), administrated by the Canada Revenue Agency.
For more information or to check your eligibility to this program, visit the Government of Canada website.
Financial assistance for expertise and consulting services
You need our services for a consultation? There are financing solutions!
- You are small or medium-sized Canadian company and you need help to solve a technical problem, to innovate and increase your productivity? You could be eligible for the Interactive Visits program. This program, financed by the NRC-IRAP, gives you up to 20 hours of access to the equipment, the facilities and the expertise of a Technology Access Centre, such as the ICI, to solve your innovation problem. These visits have a short duration and target a specific subject. They can take many forms (needs analysis, trouble shooting, literature search, recommendations for technological solutions). This visit can be the first step toward drafting a research and development project.
Join our waiting list and we’ll contact you to discuss your needs.
For more information on this program, please contact an industrial technology advisor from NRC-IRAP or visit the Tech-Access Canada portal.
- Your company is based in Quebec and you need counseling and support to make your activities more sustainable? The ICI is a recognized expert in environmentally responsible practices and clean technologies, and it is registered in the Ecoleader Fund directory. As such, our services could be financed as a project within the Ecoleader Fund financing program. Our consultation services can help you to choose a technology (e.g. VOC free drying, waste reduction and recovery, solvent recycling, etc.) or consumables that are more eco-friendly.
Financial assistance for industrial research projects
You wish to collaborate with the ICI in a research and development project? Many programs are offered by the various levels of government in Canada or in Quebec. The budgetary envelope, the project duration, the financial contribution of the industrial partner(s) and the eligibility criteria vary based on the program. Please contact us to see which financing solution best meet your needs.
The major programs available are:
- For companies based in Quebec:
- Programme d’aide à la recherche et au transfert (PART) of the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (Ministry of Education and Higher Education). These projects aim at maximising the impact on college education by fostering participation of teachers / searchers and collegial students. Calls for projects happen twice a year, and projects are granted within 3 to 4 months (the applicant is the ICI).
- Programme Innovation,[LV1] of the Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation (Ministry of Economic Development and Innovation). It finances innovation projects, prioritizing small and medium-sized quebecan businesses. The subsection of the program, Progamme de support à l’innovation, helps to finance steps from planification to pre-commercialization. One or several companies can participate in partnership with a research center, member of QuébecInnov. Calls for projects happen twice a year (the applicant is the referent company).
- Financial assistance by research consortiums of Quebec. These consortiums are platforms for the development and funding of collaborative research projects between companies and research partners, that aim to support a specific ecosystem or sectoral area (the list of consortiums [LV2] is available on the Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation website).
For example, PRIMA Québec[LV3] finances project with college-industry partnership to support activities of development, formulation, and integration of advanced materials. The type of funding application depends on the Technological readiness level (TRL). One or several industrial project partners can be required. Calls for projects happen twice a year and projects are granted within approximately 4 months (the applicant is the ICI).
- For companies based in Canada:
- Engage grants, of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC). It must involve an eligible company that has not previously partnered with the ICI on applied research. A maximum grant of $25,000 over a period of normally six months can be awarded to support the project costs. There is no application deadline and projects are granted within approximately 6 weeks (the applicant is the ICI).
- Applied Research and Development grants (ARD) of the NSERC. The project must involve one or several eligible companies that has already partnered with the ICI for a research project (e.g. after an Engage grant) or requires funding higher than 25 000 $ but lower than 150 000$. The project duration must be of 3 years at the most. There is no application deadline and projects are granted within 3 to 5 months (the applicant is the ICI).
- Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) of the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), provides funding for research and development projects targeting a technological innovation and led by small or medium-sized Canadian companies. The applicant companies must submit their application directly to the NRC. For more information on this program, please contact an industrial technology advisor from NRC-IRAP.
- Industrial Research Chair for Colleges (CRIC) of the NSERC. ICI has a research chair in Industrialization of functional printed applications, which purpose is to develop, scale-up and transfer the manufacturing of innovative printed applications to the Canadian industry. The NSERC financial support for the chair is of $1 million over 5 years. Please contact us for more details on the participation and the work performed within the Chair.